Or at least warn your friend not to crack a joke before you use the clippers as toothpick after a meal.
A Chinese man was using a pair of nail scissors as a toothpick when a friend’s joke made him laugh. And he promptly swallowed the clippers.
Kong Lin, 27, tried to cough up the scissors, but the points got stuck in epiglottis, the thin flap of tissue that covers the windpipe during swallowing. Lin was rushed to a hospital in Putian, China. Surgeons extracted the scissors in half an hour, but they couldn’t use anything stronger than a local anesthetic… Knocking him out completely would have relaxed his throat, allowing the scissors to move deeper.
src: aol news