Managing a successful business or brand requires more than the ability to offer products and services that are well-liked and of high quality. Knowing how to appeal to your target audience using digital marketing solutions is essential, especially when you are working in a highly competitive industry. Understanding both SEO and PPC marketing tactics is helpful when choosing the solution that provides your business with the most value before launching your next campaign.
What is SEO?
SEO, also known as search engine optimization, is one of the oldest tactics used by web developers to share links and official URLs on top search engines such as Google, DuckDuckGo, Yahoo!, and Bing. Optimizing a website for search engines can drastically increase your online visibility and brand awareness while driving more traffic to your site via search engine results. When a website is fully optimized for search engines, maximize your online reach and improve the ranking of your URL within the first pages of search results.
Unfortunately, optimizing a website for SEO has become more competitive than ever with the advent of social media and smartphone technology. Today, millions of business owners around the world implement SEO tactics into their website in order to boost their ranking and visibility online. Choosing the right keywords and phrases to target is essential with an SEO marketing plan. Developing useful, engaging, informative, and in-depth content is necessary to outperform the competition while boosting your website’s SEO. SEO is not always the best solution to drive sales, especially for new businesses and brands.
What is PPC Marketing?
PPC (pay-per-click) marketing is another form of digital marketing that provides you with more control when choosing which websites and online platforms to advertise on. With a PPC campaign, choose the amount you are willing to pay for each click you receive on individual ads you launch. PPC marketing is highly recommended for those who are familiar with the keywords, phrases, and types of content that are most appealing to their target audience. Using PPC marketing is possible with third-party services such as Google AdWords along with working directly with various websites and online companies.
With PPC marketing, choose where your ads appear while receiving in-depth analytic reports regarding their visibility, impressions, and the number of clicks your website receives from each location an advertisement appears online.
Advantages of SEO and PPC
There are advantages to using both SEO and PPC marketing to grow your brand’s online presence. Some of the most notable advantages of a website that is highly optimized for SEO include:
- Easy Accessibility: Optimized websites are much eaiser to find for users who are otherwise unfamiliar with your business and brand.
- Trust: Gain the trust of prospective customers once your website’s URL appears within the first page of search results.
- Professional Reputation: Websites that appear within the first pages of search results are viewed as more professional and reputable by browsers who are unfamiliar with brands or new businesses.
- Attract the Right Audience: The more you optimize your website for SEO, the easier it becomes to reach your target audience–even if your audience is extremely specific. The more specific of an audience you are capable of reaching, the easier it is to generate leads and sales online.
Additionally, using PPC marketing also provides the following benefits:
- Control: With PPC campaigns, control where your advertisement and links appear and how they are viewed. Change headers, copy, and CTA information on a whim depending on the PPC platform you choose to use.
- Cost-Effective: Bid what you are able to afford when launching a PPC campaign. Avoid overspending by setting caps and limits for individual advertisements you launch.
- Data and Analytics: Monitor the success and effectiveness of each individual PPC campaign you launch using analytic reports you receive in real-time.
- Outbid Competitors: In some instances, it is possible to outbid potential competitors who appear on websites of your choice to ensure your website is viewed and visited before the website of your top competition.
Choosing the Right Solution for Your Business
Choosing the right marketing solution for your business greatly depends on your current business model and the overall competition you have. When you have a new business, using PPC marketing campaigns can drastically boost brand awareness while driving new visitors to your website, helping to organically boost your website’s rankings within top search engines. For those with an established marketing strategy in place, improving the search engine optimization of a website is advisable. While implementing SEO tactics are always useful, a PPC campaign can help bring awareness to your business and brand whether you are launching a start-up or looking to launch a new and unique promotion online.
Hire a Professional PPC Management Company
Working together with a professional PPC management company is one way to ensure your next PPC campaign provides optimal ROI. With PPC management by PPCPRO, learn more about your target audience while honing in on keywords and phrases that drive the most traffic, generate the most leads, and ultimately result in more revenue generation.
While both SEO and PPC marketing can help boost your website’s visibility and brand awareness, understanding the advantages of each solution individual is a must before planning your next marketing campaign. With a thorough understanding of PPC and SEO, work together alongside a management company to ensure your next marketing campaign is a hit with any intended audience you want to reach.