The second WordPress 3.1 release candidate is now available. If you haven’t tested WordPress 3.1 yet, now is the time. Release candidates are the last stop before the final release, this means you can expect the final version to be released anytime soon.
Here are some select changes since RC1:
- The security fixes included in WordPress 3.0.4
- Fix issues related to handling a static front page
- Fixes and enhancements for the pagination buttons
- Fix searching for partial usernames
- Properly reactivate plugins after editing them
- Always show the current author in the author dropdown when editing a post
- Fixes for attachment taxonomies
- Fix node removal for the admin bar
- Fix the custom post type show_in_menu argument
- Various fixes for right-to-left languages
- and a few dozen more changes
Happy beta testing!