Apple has just released a new version of iTunes. With a brand new look and feel, the iTunes 9 gives music fans yet another new reasons for using the no.1 music download store. iTunes 9 adds some improvements and new features that makes managing media and devices a lot easier.
When you download select albums, you’ll experience iTunes LP — a beautifully designed, interactive world right in your iTunes library.
Here are some key features in iTunes 9:
- iTunes LP. Select albums now come with iTunes LP — liner notes, lyrics, photos, bonus materials, and more.
- Home Sharing. Share iTunes libraries between authorized computers in your home. You can even import your favorites.
- iTunes Extras. Go beyond the movie with iTunes Extras. Watch interviews, behind the scenes footage, trailers, and more.
- A brand new iTunes Store. The redesigned iTunes Store makes it even easier to find all
With a beautiful redesign and refined navigation, the new iTunes Store makes it easy to explore songs, movies, TV shows, and more.
Check out the list of what’s new in iTunes 9:
- An improved look and feel, including a new Column Browser for easily browsing your artists or albums, movies, TV shows, and more.
- iTunes Store has a brand new look, with improved navigation for quick and easy exploration.
- iTunes LP and iTunes Extras create unique experiences that feature exclusive interviews, videos, photos, and more — available with select album and movie purchases on the iTunes Store.
- Home Sharing helps you manage your family’s iTunes collection between computers in your home. iTunes can automatically transfer new purchases, or you can choose just the items you want.
- Genius Mixes are created for you by iTunes and play songs from your library that go great together.
- iPod and iPhone syncing now allows you to organize your iPhone and iPod touch home screens directly in iTunes. Syncing is now also more flexible, allowing you to sync individual artists, genres, or TV show and Podcast episodes.
- iTunes U items are now organized into their own section in your iTunes library.
- Sync with iPod nano (5th generation), iPod classic (Fall 2009), and iPod touch (Fall 2009).
- iTunes 9 also includes many other improvements, such as HE-AAC encoding and playback, more flexibility with Smart Playlists rules, simpler organization of your media files inside an iTunes Media folder, and more.
Update: iTunes 9.0.1
This is the latest update with important bug fixes, including:
- Resolves issues browsing the iTunes Store.
- Addresses a performance issue where iTunes may become unresponsive.
- Fixes a problem where iTunes may unexpectedly quit.
- Fixes a problem syncing Podcasts in playlists to iPod or iPhone.
- Fixes a problem sorting albums with multiple discs.
- Improves application syncing for iPod touch and iPhone.
- Genius is now automatically updated to show Genius Mixes.