If you’re getting a message that says “Your WordPress.com account, your-username is not authorized to view the stats of this blog” lately when trying to view your WordPress blog’s Akismet or Site Stats, try the following:
- Deactivate and delete the WordPress.com Stats plugin
- Install and activate the Jetpack (Jetpack is a collection of some WordPress plugins, including the WordPress.com Stats, created by Automattic). You will be asked to connect Jetpack to your WordPress.com account after activation in order for the plugin/s to work.
- Activate and configure WordPress.com Stats and other plugins on Jetpack panel.
That’s it. You should be able to see stats right off the bat.
How To Install Jetpack
- Go to your Plugin panel: Dashboard > Plugin panel > Add New
- Use the search box and search for the term “Jetpack“. From the search results, click “Install Now” under “Jetpack by WordPress.com“.
- Then activate Jetpack from your dashboard > Plugin panel.
For questions or suggestions, use the comment section below. ;)