A thoughtful content marketer will always prioritize video content over lengthy text for the promotion of any product, service, or idea. However, what if you want to create a video for your brand but don’t wish to use a highly-advanced video editing software? Especially, if you’re always on the go.
This is where mobile video editing apps come in handy. Armed with a smartphone, you can use a mobile video editing app to produce compelling video content to use in your content marketing. Both Androids and iPhones now have a multitude of impressive video editing apps, and the latest crop of mobile editing apps is more capable than ever. Here are our choices for the 15 best video editor apps for iPhone and Android.
- 15 Best Video Editor Apps for Android and iPhone
- Magisto – Android & iOS
- InShot – Android, iOS
- Wondershare Filmora – iOS, MacOS, Android, Windows
- WeVideo – iOS, Android, Chrome
- Adobe Premiere Rush – Android, iOS
- Splice – iOS
- PicPlayPost – Android, iOS
- Quik App – iOS & Android
- KineMaster – Android, iOS
- Video Shop – iOS, Android
- Horizon – iOS
- VivaVideo – iOS, Android
- VideoShow – Android, iOS
- iMovie – iOS
- Hyperlapse – iOS
- Wrapping Up
15 Best Video Editor Apps for Android and iPhone
Magisto – Android & iOS
Magisto is a free-to-use app that can be used to make eye-catching videos in just three simple steps. First, you’ve to pick your editing style, then the photos or video clips, and finally choose the music from its built-in music library.
- Intuitive & beginner-friendly interface
- Wide range of easy-to-use templates
- Professional & Premium plans available to make lengthier videos
InShot – Android, iOS
This pretty basic mobile video editor works best for anyone who requires simple editing features such as trimming, speeding up, adding filters, or music. InShot is an easy-to-use tool especially for beginners who don’t wish to indulge in high-level video editing.
- Extensive library full of royalty-free music
- You can add a background to your videos
- Add voice-overs or your music tracks
Wondershare Filmora – iOS, MacOS, Android, Windows
Wondershare Filmora is ideal for both beginners and advanced users. Using its ‘Easy Mode’, you can drag and drop music, video clips, and create an attractive video in just a few minutes. Plus, it comes with numerous features.
- Add presets, transitions, themes to your videos with the Effect Store
- Offers simple effects, filters and stickers
- Allows layering of music and a variety of sound effects
WeVideo – iOS, Android, Chrome
WeVideo is another free editing app offering some fantastic features and functionalities. The cloud-based tool has both free & paid versions, however, the free plan comes with some limitations.
- Offers audio editing features and a library full of commercially-licensed music
- Export videos in 4K resolution
- Access the videos from any device
Adobe Premiere Rush – Android, iOS
We cannot deny the popularity of Adobe Premiere Rush! The robust mobile video editor lets you trim, drag and drop several videos and photos from your smartphone or tablet, in whichever way you like.
- Supports export in 4K resolution
- Customize your edits using Freeform editor
- Simpler learning curve for beginners
Splice – iOS
A great video editing app for iOS users, Splice allows you to splice multiple video clips to create a single moving collage. You can also use it to trim & edit video clips while customizing the length of the transition from one scene to another.
- User-friendly & intuitive interface
- A library of music tracks
- Multi-track and timeline editing using masks and layers
PicPlayPost – Android, iOS
PicPlayPost is the best app for making video collages. However, make sure that the sound/music from both videos won’t play at the same time, so they don’t clash with one another.
- Allows exporting in 4K resolution
- You can also create GIFs and live images
- Lets you add your own watermark (image or text)
Quik App – iOS & Android
Quik lets you pick videos from your mobile device, edit, trim and add transitions or filters to transform them into captivating videos. Besides, you can also manually edit your video clips if you wish to have more control over the process.
- Powerful editing tools, premium filters and stylistic themes
- Capture a frame from any video to create incredible images
- Adjust the speed of your video – to slow, fast or freeze
KineMaster – Android, iOS
KineMaster offers an intuitive interface to easily edit video clips and add sound, text, effects, and filters to them. You can record your own audio using it while it offers a plethora of music tracks and sound effects on the KineMaster Asset Store.
- Save your videos in 4K resolution
- Over 2,500 effects, transitions, videos & images, fonts, stickers, etc
- Share videos on YouTube, Facebook, TikTok, Instagram, and more
Video Shop – iOS, Android
Videoshop is a superb editing app if you’re always on the go. You can do a lot with it, like adding sound effects, filters, text, animated transitions, etc. It works well for both beginners and professionals.
- Trim or slow down footage and merge different clips into a single video
- Record your own voice over for your videos
- Share to various social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, etc
Horizon – iOS
Horizon is the best video editing app for those who wish to capture or shoot moments horizontally. No matter what the position of your device, you’ll be able to take videos in a horizontal position.
- Simple user interface
- Collections of some interesting filters
- You can easily switch between taking pictures and videos in a single swipe
VivaVideo – iOS, Android
VivaVideo is a popular editing app for editing short videos for social media platforms. The user interface is quite simple which makes it a breeze to edit and create attention-grabbing GIFs and videos.
- Offers more than 200 video filters, along with fast/slow motion support
- Use the storyboard style of editing to edit, trim, load and merge multiple video clips
- Create attractive GIFs from pictures, video
VideoShow – Android, iOS
VideoShow is an excellent video editor for creating attractive videos and slideshows using video clips, photos, sound effects, music, etc. It also allows doodling of videos to engage the audience and answer any queries that they might have.
- Offers built-in effects, stickers, filters, GIFs, transitions, sound effects
- Easy-to-use interface suiting beginners
- Support high-quality 720P/1080P HD export
iMovie – iOS
As the name suggests, iMovie is only meant for iOS users and is one of the most popular editing platforms on it. The tool is absolutely free with a simple and intuitive drag-and-drop interface. The app is great for people who are beginning to learn video editing.
- You can trim & edit clips, add & record music, as well as insert filters
- A library full of ready-made transitions
- Supports 4K resolution
Hyperlapse – iOS
Created by Instagram, Hyperlapse is a free app for creating time-lapse videos. This app allows users to create amazing time-lapse videos without using any tripods due to its excellent stabilization technology.
- Share your videos to different social platforms like Facebook, Instagram, etc
- Adjust the speed of your video to up to 12x
- Simple interface
It becomes a cakewalk creating compelling videos with the right tool in hand. Using the right video editing app, you can easily create good-quality videos on the go that your audience will enjoy. These video editing apps for iPhone and Android allow you to create compelling content from your mobile device. The best part is you don’t have to pay a dime to use them.
I hope the above list of the best video editor apps will make the job of choosing a video editing tool much easier for you!
illustration: Social media illustrations by Storyset