Global warming is probably the most important issue to face our generation. The worldwide scientific community agrees virtually unanimously that it’s our fault, and that the consequences will be catastrophic if we let our chance to stop it. The consequences that can be reasonably expected are rising sea levels, more frequent and more severe natural disasters, large-scale food and water shortages, plagues, massive species extinctions, unprecedented numbers of refugees, intensified ethnic and political tensions, and a global economic depression the likes of which no one has ever seen.
The good news is that there are plenty of things that we can do to reduce our carbon footprint. The key word is reduce.
However, many of us still not convinced that the climate change is a current or imminent threat. So here’s some websites that give some statistics (because statistics make ugly facts easier to swallow and understand), more info about Global Warming and what you can do to reverse climate change:
- BreathingEarth.net – See a real-time simulation displays the CO2 emissions of every country in the world, as well as their birth and death rates.
- CO2Now.org – Check the Earth’s temperature and her (weekly, monthly or yearly) CO2 levels.
- Footprint Network footprint calculator – Figure out your own ecological footprint.
- 350.org – An international campaign building a movement to unite the world around solutions to the climate crisis.
- Fight Climate Change with Diet Change – Find out why the meat industry produces more greenhouse gases than all the SUVs, cars, trucks, planes, and ships in the world combined.
- Global Warming – Facts, causes, effects and prevention of global warming.
Anything else you’re interest in is not going to happen if you can’t breathe the air and drink the water. Don’t sit this one out. Do something. ~Carl Sagan